Zum Inhalt springen
airliners.de

Benefits of depleted CMOS sensor in the field of aviation

BorisBecker

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi everyone!

I am a student of economics in Vienna and currently working on a project together with CERN, in which we want to find new (civil) applications for a new sensor, they have invented.

In a first step we want to find out the benefits this new sensor delivers.

Just imagine a CMOS sensor with a thicker depletion zone than ordinary CMOS sensors (as used in digital cameras), which makes it capable of detecting X-ray, infrared and even single particles (the main feature, why they developed it). It has also increased radiation hardness and can be used in magnetic fields and in vacuum.

Can you think of any benefits this new technology could deliver to users? (don't have t be private users, industrial users also possible)

Any ideas in which forum on this board I could also post this question to get appropriate answers?

Note: I don't want you to do my work for me. We are explicitly asked to ask people outside of our environment (e.g. in online communities) to get ideas, we wouldn't be able to think of.

Thank you all very much in advance and greetings from Vienna

Why should the depletion zone be important for frequency sensitivity? Shouldn't be the band gap of the used substrates more important? i thicker depletion zone will only allow less current to flow, so it will not work as good. Why should sensitivity be shifted to lower AND higher frequencys? That doesnt sound logical. How shall a sensor detect particles? if a particle fells onto it, it should get destroyed. So hopefully there is some protection against particles. And what shall be the problem with vacuum on other sensors? "Nothing", (a vacuum) usually doesnt hurt. I am sceptical, but please explain a bit more.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist jetzt archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

• Neu erstellen...